[Michlib-l] Program recommendation: Dr. Nitro's Mad Science and Ice Cream Social

Emily Dumas emily at ropl.org
Mon Jul 23 16:35:05 EDT 2018

Hi everyone,
I wanted to recommend Dr. Nitro's program that was held at Royal Oak Public
Library today.  It was terrific!  He begins with science experiments that
were very interactive with the audience, then explains and demonstrates the
process of making liquid nitrogen ice cream.  At the end of the event all
of the kids get a bowl of the ice cream with their choice of toppings.

The show was educational and extremely entertaining.  We had our biggest
turnout of the summer, as well!  One of the young attendees asked to speak
to the person who had booked Dr. Nitro and told me, "Please, please have
him back!"  No higher praise indeed!

This was Dr. Nitro's first library event, and it went very smoothly.
Here's his website if you're interested:  https://www.drnitro.org/

Emily
--
Emily M. Dumas