[Michlib-l] Question About Audio in Community Rooms

faith at colomapubliclibrary.net faith at colomapubliclibrary.net
Mon Mar 5 16:03:58 EST 2018

Hello Everyone-

Our library is looking at updating our A/V equipment in our Community Room-
basically just installing a flat screen TV and trying to figure out how to
get the best sound. I am not extremely knowledgeable about the ins and outs
of sound. Our community room does have an analog speaker system installed
where there is an amplifier and then you could hook into that to make the
sound disperse through round speakers that are in the ceiling of the room.
(These round speakers are throughout the library they are standard in lots
of places. we use them for our PA System). My question is does it make sense
to convert the optical sound from our new tv to analog and run the wire
through the ceiling to the amplifier (this is a fair amount of work.) or
will we get the same or better sound from a sound bar? Do any of you have
experience with using sound bars in your community rooms? Our room is
roughly 25 feet x 45 feet.

Thanks in advance for any help or opinions you offer. :)

Faith Wolbers

Assistant Director

Coloma Public Library

151 W. Center Street