[Michlib-l] Friday, 4/13 - Library Camp UnConference - Ann Arbor District Library

Sara Wedell wedells at aadl.org
Mon Mar 5 16:09:49 EST 2018

Hello!

The Ann Arbor District Library invites you to [ https://aadl.org/libcamp18 | Library Camp ] , an unconference for information professionals, graduate students, and anyone with an interest in libraries on Friday, April 13, 2018 , from 9 am to 4:30 pm . The event is free, and you can [ https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdM9pSWNnkHWJgnfu-6-qx3SIZMRx5dFf8TNpa22xZ2pRhLZA/viewform | registe ] r in advance.

The goal is to get a bunch of people together to talk about... whatever you'd like to talk about.

We'll start with a semi-blank schedule and, at our morning gathering, we'll fill the agenda with your ideas.

We have an opening talk by intellectual property lawyer Susan Kornfield, who will shed some light on the topic of copyright and libraries, and open up a Q&A session following her talk.

Here some topics we plan to slot into the agenda:

- Managing technology for non-technology people
- Working with kids for non-youth librarians
- Digitization for everyone
- Building a welcoming space
- Your suggestion here!!!

We've got time and space for at least 4 concurrent sessions, so there could easily be 10-12 different things to talk about during the day.

Again, the details are:
What: [ https://aadl.org/libcamp18 | Library Camp unconference! ]
When: Friday, April 13, 2018 from 9 am - 4:30 pm
Where: [ https://aadl.org/aboutus/downtown | Ann Arbor District Library ] - 343 S. Fifth Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI
Who: Library people with ideas, questions, opinions, concerns, and observations. [ https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdM9pSWNnkHWJgnfu-6-qx3SIZMRx5dFf8TNpa22xZ2pRhLZA/viewform | Register here! ]
Why: Learning, connecting, thinking, professional development, free bagels

Hope to see you there!

Sara Wedell
Production Librarian | Ann Arbor District Library
wedells at aadl.org | (734) 327-4225