[Michlib-l] Kathy McMinn and Basket Weaving class - Addendum

Katie Rothley krothley at southfieldlibrary.org
Thu Nov 8 10:55:16 EST 2018

I forgot to mention that the class was originally scheduled for two hours but we ended up taking 2.5 hours. And I chose the "Seagrass basket" but there were other options!
>>> Katie Rothley via Michlib-l <michlib-l at mcls.org> 10:36 AM 11/8/2018 >>>

Hi Michlib!

I just wanted to share that I invited Kathy McMinn to the Southfield Public Library to do a class on hands-on basket weaving last night, and our patrons that attended absolutely loved it. I asked for registration, limited it to 10, and all but one person was in attendance! Kathy brings all of the supplies that are required, and just needs water to make the basket materials bendy!

Kathy was patient, kind, answered every question, and very hands-on with instruction and guiding the participants in making their baskets correctly but encouraging of personalizing each basket. If you'd like to see what the results were, check out our facebook and/or instagram!

I highly recommend Kathy and this program. We had a lot of interest and registration filled up within the first week of publishing the event. I ended up having a waitlist but didn't have any cancellations. So I'm planning on asking Kathy back to do a different basket!

Here is her contact information:

Kathy McMinn
The Basket Sampler, LLC
153 N Milford Rd. Suite 203