[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation: Larry Martin's WWII In Their Own Words

Brandi Tambasco tambasco at howelllibrary.org
Wed Nov 21 11:36:28 EST 2018

Earlier this month, the Howell Carnegie District Library had Larry Martin
present his Larry Martin's World War II In Their Own Words program in
celebration of Veterans Day.

For the last two decades, Mr. Martin has interviewed over 100 WWII veterans
and, for 12 years, presented over 100 programs at libraries and
organizations in Michigan featuring these filmed interviews. A Jackson, MI
resident and Navy veteran himself, Mr. Martin is a retired Lansing
firefighter and passionate, self-professed WWII junkie with an extensive
collection of WWII memorabilia, which he displays and shares at his
presentations.

At our program this month, Mr. Martin showed his interview with Warner
Klemm, a Navy veteran who survived Pearl Harbor and spoke about his
experience during and immediately after that fatal bombing. We had a great
turnout for this event, with plenty of veterans in the attendance. The
audience feedback included requests to have him return for future library
programs.

Mr. Martin's website, www.lmww2.com, lists all of the veterans he has
interviewed by name, service, front, and country. Check it out for more
information on his program, including testimonials.

Larry is very personable and knowledgeable; his presenter fee was
reasonable; and he was a pleasure to work with. I know other libraries have
had good experiences with his presentations, since I became aware of him
through this listserv! (Thanks to everyone who has recommended him!)

If you are interested in having Mr. Martin present at your library, he can
be reached at batt.chief at yahoo.com.

Happy Thanksgiving,
Brandi

Brandi Tambasco