[Michlib-l] Cash register software?

Don Priest dpriest at southgate.lib.mi.us
Thu Sep 6 14:47:59 EDT 2018

I'm looking for a bit more precision and accountability with our cash, so I'd like to hear what kind of cash register software other libraries use. Or, if you handle money some other way, I'd be interested in hearing about that too. I know about Square, which seems ok, but I don't think it's exactly what we're looking for. I'm also looking at Nextar (https://www.nextar.com/cash-register), which has the right price (it's free), and seems to cover everything, but maybe there's a hidden gem I'm unaware of (or everyone uses the same system and I'm woefully behind the times). Please reply off list, I'll compile the replies when I can. Thank you!

Don Priest
Southgate Veterans Memorial Library
14680 Dix-Toledo Rd.
Southgate, MI 48195