[Michlib-l] OFBYFOR ALL

Samantha Jordan jordan.l.samantha at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:41:23 EDT 2018

Hi Eveyone,

Are there any libraries in Michigan that are doing the OFBYFOR ALL program?
I was on the committe for this program at my library in Indiana. It's a
really good initiative to bring diversity to the library. OFBYFOR ALL is a
movement led by Nina Simon and Lauren Benetua of the Museum of Art &
History (MAH) in Santa Cruz. The project's vision urges organizations to
become more community involved and stresses the importance of co-creation.
The basic idea is that cultural organizations are made up OF individuals
who represent their community, have programming or services created BY the
community, and do all these things FOR the community. There is more
information about project on their website <https://www.ofbyforall.org/>.

Sincerely,
--
*Samantha Jordan*
*Children's Librarian/Licensed Michigan Real Estate Agent/Yoga Teacher*

*IMPORTANT*
This email is confidential, intended only for the named recipient(s) and
may contain information that is privileged or exempt from disclosure under
applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified
that dissemination, distribution, or copying of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you receive this message in error, or are not the named
recipient, please notify the sender at the mail address above and delete
this email from your computer. Thank you.