[Michlib-l] News from CADL

Smiley,Trent smileyt at cadl.org
Sat Sep 15 09:41:26 EDT 2018

Hello,
CADL is excited to announce the winner of our Capital Area Cover Song Contest, The Swift Brothers! They will receive a $500 gift card from Marshall Music and perform at the 2019 Common Ground Music Festival in Lansing. During our Libraries Rock Summer Reading Program, singers and bands were invited to cover Right Here by local singer Taylor Taylor. Her song inspired our "Everything Right Here" tagline and is used in our branding commercials (https://bit.ly/2xgx6TL).

Video of winning entry
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFoYaGCXnqY

CADL is expanding our membership discounts to include selected shows and performances at Detroit venues, the fabulous Fox Theater and new Little Caesars Arena. Through a new partnership with Olympia Entertainment, CADL members and staff can enjoy discounts on shows like Disney's On Ice - Frozen, Marvel Universe Live, Mannheim Steamroller and Elf the Musical. There will also be promotions that link shows to library services and cast and crew interviews for our CADLcast Podcast. The library has a similar arrangement with Michigan State University's Wharton Center. These partnerships help reinforce our brand promise of being a source for information and entertainment.

Op-Ed from CADL Executive Director Scott Duimstra
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/opinion/contributors/viewpoints/2018/09/09/viewpoint-cadl-celebrating-20-years-service-millage-renewal/1210330002/

Book recommendations from our CADL Selectors (the list appeared on lsj.com and in the Lansing State Journal)
https://www.lansingstatejournal.com/story/entertainment/books/2018/09/09/cadl-buzz-worthy-titles/37743887/

Trenton M. Smiley
Marketing & Communications Director
Capital Area District Libraries-Administration
401 S. Capitol Ave., Lansing, MI 48933
517-367-6348 | smileyt at cadl.org<mailto:smileyt at cadl.org>
www.cadl.org<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.cadl.org&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=3rbAsyBXjj2NNLBsgfvAFXBIOTtrw486OCi5yA3tUNc&e=> | facebook.com/cadlibrary<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.facebook.com_cadlibrary-3Fref-3Dhl&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=Mh_HT9zWTBaQYNJrkGn5UQkZsHahpNWPo3T1jUZsMTo&e=> | twitter.com/cadl<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.twitter.com_cadl&d=DQMFAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=eQ4zwfvICxqHRkdUL5_5Ew&m=10jJJ5KSdHz2-h8X5t1pHUHubNn2DWMq89Hf3-OPD2Y&s=kjEu80TS31ymwngLwD5AH2BEd7u0lbjJEff7iRegUfQ&e=>