[Michlib-l] LIVE Webcast with Patrick Sweeney on Monday, Aug 5 from 2-4 ET

Shawn Andary sandary at uproc.lib.mi.us
Sun Aug 4 13:12:44 EDT 2019

Dear MichLib-L Members,

The Superiorland Library Cooperative is sponsoring a webcast with Patrick
Sweeney from 2-4 ET on Monday, Aug 5, and we'd like to open it up to others
in Michigan.  Patrick Sweeney is currently the Political Director for
everylibrary.org and he is a dynamic and engaging speaker so I hope you will
consider joining us.  The presentation is titled "Schmoozing for Beginners"
and you can see a description of the presentation below.  Just click here to
register <https://form.jotform.com/92103460382146> .

Schmoozing For Beginners.  Professional networking and schmoozing are two of
the most important skills a librarian can have. The partnerships and
coalitions that libraries rely on to provide better services and programs
are built on relationships that we build in the community with organizations
and individuals. But the skills needed to start a relationship that lead to
success are not taught in MLIS programs, and learning to become proficient
at schmoozing and networking were one of the hardest lessons to learn. In
order to build the connections you need in order to get projects done you
must take advantage of the many professional and social opportunities in
your community.

Shawn Andary

Director

Superiorland Library Cooperative

(906) 228-7697  ext. 2

sandary at uproc.lib.mi.us

"Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another."   Choose
reading.
― Lemony Snicket