[Michlib-l] UPCOMING WORKSHOP - Start 'Em Early: Engaging Young Historians - August 16

HSM Main hsm at hsmichigan.org
Mon Aug 5 15:18:13 EDT 2019

cid:image001.jpg at 01D3F289.3AED06D0

Upcoming Workshop . Friday, August 16

Start 'Em Early: Engaging Young Historians

with Amy Bradfield, Historical Society of Michigan

Seating is limited! Reserve your spot now.

Workshops start at 9 a.m. at

the Historical Society of Michigan's

NEW BUILDING!

7435 Westshire Dr., Lansing, Michigan.

Participants can "attend" remotely too.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

Are you looking for a way to engage students in the classroom or with your
historical society? Michigan History DayR is a free, project-based learning
program, where students explore historical topics through research. Gain an
in-depth knowledge of the program and explore the tools needed to guide
students in a successful experience.

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. If you can watch and
listen to a video on Facebook or YouTube, you can attend our workshops
remotely! See our website for full details.

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Learn more and register on
our website.

cid:image006.jpg at 01D3F289.3AED06D0

cid:image007.jpg at 01D3F289.3AED06D0

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state's oldest cultural
organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and
explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses
on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming,
and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote
Michigan's rich history.

  _____

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit
<http://www.hsmichigan.org/> www.hsmichigan.org or e-mail us at
<mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org.

  _____

The Historical Society of Michigan

7435 Westshire Drive . Lansing, MI 48917

Phone: (517) 324-1828 . FAX: (517) 324-4370

Future History Skills Workshops

 <http://www.hsmichigan.org/programs/workshops/> Visit our website for full
descriptions of each workshop.

Friday, September 6

If These Walls Could Talk: Researching Your Historic House

Friday, September 20

Museum Newbies - How Do I.?

Friday, October 11

Selling History: Operating a Museum Store

Participants can "attend" remotely, if they prefer. If you can watch and
listen to a video on Facebook or YouTube, you can attend our workshops
remotely! Details for remote connection will be provided. (Remote access is
not available for off-site workshops.)

Workshops are held from 9 a.m. to noon at the Historical Society of
Michigan's NEW BUILDING, 7435 Westshire Dr., Lansing, Michigan (unless
otherwise noted).

If you are a Household member of HSM or represent an organization that
itself is a member of the Society, registration is $39.

Registration for non-members is $79 and includes a one-year HSM Household
membership.

This e-mail is sent to our members and friends to keep you updated on
historical activities and opportunities to learn more about our state's
history. To opt-out, please respond to this e-mail with "remove" in the
subject line. If you received this

e-mail as part of your participation in the Michlib-l mailing list
(listserv), please follow their removal process.