[Michlib-l] Library Orientation Packets, Programs

Dillon Geshel dgeshel at pldl.org
Tue Aug 13 11:38:11 EDT 2019

Hi!

I am reaching out to learn what sort of new library user orientation
programs are available at your libraries. Do you have a packet of
information you make available to new card holders, and if so, what do you
include? Do you host recurring presentations for new card holders? Or
something different?

As part of our strategic plan, we are tasked with developing regular
orientations to library services. I have tried monthly presentations that
summarize our services and resources, but those are not always well
attended, and it seems odd to ask new users to go out of their way to learn
about the library. Any insight into your process would be greatly
appreciated!

Thank you,

Dillon

--
Dillon Geshel
Library Director

Visit our website at www.pldl.org
Like our FB page at facebook.com/pldl.org

*The Mission of the Portage Lake District Library is to inspire our diverse
community to discover, imagine and connect. Our Vision is an educated,
connected community of readers, learners, doers and dreamers.*