[Michlib-l] Launchpad learning tablet problems?

CDL Director director at mycdl.org
Wed Aug 21 10:14:09 EDT 2019

Hi,

In April/May we purchased 50 Launchpad learning tablets.  They began
circulating on June 1st.  The first week we started noticing problems with
them.   The issue seems to be the same. They either aren't turning on or
not holding a charge. We have had to send back 12 out of the 50 so far, and
that number seems very high.  They are still under warranty and Playaway
has been replacing them, but I am concerned what will happen when the
warranty ends.

I am curious if this is just a bad batch, or if other libraries may have
had similar problems with them?

Thanks,

Jami Cromley
Director