[Michlib-l] Seeking input from libraries that may be serving refugees, immigrants, migrants and asylum seekers

Shannon White - Library of Michigan whites29 at michigan.gov
Wed Dec 4 16:11:21 EST 2019

The  International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions, IFLA, section on Library Services to People with Special Needs would like to connect with libraries that may be serving refugees, immigrants, migrants and asylum seekers for assistance with a survey.

We particularly would like input from public and school libraries who probably have the most contact with the target audience.  Next spring we will be conducting indepth interviews and I'm hoping we can choose some US libraries for these interviews.  The libraries chosen for the interviews will be chosen from the survey respondents.

To do this we are launching the Global Survey about library services to refugees, immigrants, migrants and asylum seekers.<https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/5255174/Global-Survey-for-library-services-to-refugees> This survey aims to gather examples of services now being delivered worldwide by libraries to this target audience, how they are developed, staff responses, and what cooperative alliances exist to deliver these services.

The deadline for the survey is: 22 December 2019.
After that date, the survey will close.

The survey should only take approximately 10-15 minutes.
It is in English, but responders are encouraged to submit answers in any language most comfortable.

Thank you for any assistance you can give.

Nancy Bolt
Nancy Bolt & Associates
11710 West 76th Drive
Arvada, CO 80005