[Michlib-l] PT Reference Position - Springfield Twp Library
kschaaf at springfield.lib.mi.us
Tue Dec 10 14:32:49 EST 2019
Springfield Township Library is currently looking for a part time reference librarian to join our team. We are located in Northern Oakland County in Davisburg, Michigan, surrounded by the beautiful Shiawassee River Basin Preserve. Details of the posting are listed below.
Job Title: Part Time Reference Librarian
Starting Wage: $17.00 / Hour
Scheduled Hours: 16-22 hours per week
Mondays, Thursdays (12-8PM) and 2 Saturdays/month (10AM-4PM)
-Occasionally more hours depending on programs, vacations and other factors
Benefits: Paid Holidays and pro-rated paid vacation time/personal time
Application Deadline: Monday, January 20, 2020
Submit cover letter and resume to Kimberly Schaaf: kschaaf at springfield.lib.mi.us
• Friendly assistance to patrons navigating resources in all areas of the library.
• Reader’s advisory: signage, displays and helpful conversation with patrons.
• Technology assistance to patrons with downloadable content to devices.
• Ability to assist patrons with Microsoft Office applications, internet, printing, email and other basic questions on public computers.
• Work independently on special projects.
• Programming assistance with hosting speakers, connecting projection technology when necessary and welcoming patrons to various library events.
• Occasional marketing assistance with signage, website, social media or digital presentation.
• Graduate or student of Master of Library Science from an ALA accredited program.
• Basic technology competency skills along with knowledge of digital resources.
• Enthusiastic, friendly, customer service attitude.
• Must be able to stoop, bend, reach, walk, stand, and lift up to 20 pounds.
• Experience working in public library environment.
• Understanding of TLN shared system ILS.
Springfield Township Library
12000 Davisburg Rd.
Davisburg, MI 48350
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Michlib-l