[Michlib-l] Presenter Recommendation: Author Edward Balian

Brandi Tambasco tambasco at howelllibrary.org
Wed Dec 18 09:26:10 EST 2019

Last week the Howell Carnegie District Library hosted an evening program
with Edward Balian, author of *Turn the Page: The Bob Seger Story, *the
first and only biography of Bob Seger.

We scheduled the program for 2 hours. Ed spoke about Bob Seger's music
career for an hour. After a short break for the audience, he played 3
YouTube videos, one song from the 1960s, one from the 1970s, and one from
the '80s, so the audience could hear Seger's musical progression.

The best part of the evening was the audience Q&A that followed with all
the stories both the presenter and audience shared. The evening ended with
a book signing and sales, handled by Ed and Tammy, an associate from his
publisher/printer. The program was well-received by the audience of 38 who
made it out on a cold, snowy December night.

Ed was an enthusiastic and knowledgeable speaker. This man *knows* his
music! And his team was so easy to work with--no-hassle booking, great
communication, and no presenter fee. Ed lives in San Diego, but has made
two book tours here in Michigan since his book released in July, and he
plans on at least two more this spring and summer.

I encourage you to reach out to Ed directly if you have any questions. He
and his wife Veronica are extremely prompt with communication. The website
for his book is bobsegerturnthepage.com.

We'd like to give a shout-out to Samantha Loree from Northville District
Library who brought Dr. Balian to our attention via a listserv post.

If you're interested in having Edward Balian present at your library, he
can be reached at esbalian at gmail.com.

Happy Holidays,
Brandi

Brandi Tambasco