[Michlib-l] Digital Access to WSJ Copyright Question

Ben Knight bknight at loutitlibrary.org
Wed Feb 6 11:34:39 EST 2019

Hello Everyone,

We just found out, through some digging, that we have digital access to the
WSJ through our print subscription of WSJ that is delivered through the
mail. It sounds like it's a single user subscription--there's a single
name, email and phone number on the account.

We are wondering here at Loutit how much of that access we can share with
our patrons. We figure we couldn't give out our login information, but can
we at least access old copies of WSJ and print articles for patrons? Would
we be running afoul of fair use/copyright by doing this?

Any insights or thoughts would be appreciated!

Thank You,
--
Ben Knight
Adult Services Librarian