[Michlib-l] New Library Assistant I Position at Romulus Public Library

Jessica Wilhoite jwilhoite at romuluslibrary.org
Wed Jun 26 10:01:14 EDT 2019

Please pass along job posting.

Romulus Public Library
Part-time Library Assistant I (23.5 hours/week)
Come and join our dynamic team! The Romulus Public Library has just received the Enhanced Level Certification from the State of Michigan.

Job Duties

    * Assist patrons of all ages at the Circulation Desk on the phone and in person
    * Assist patrons with computer questions
    * Handle cash transactions for overdue fines, copying and other fees
    * Provide reference assistance and readers advisory
    * Post events, photos and library news on social media
    * Assist with preparing library displays in display cases, bulletin boards and kiosks
    * Process incoming and outgoing interlibrary loan items
    * Copy calendars, flyers, and posters for distribution and display within the library
    * Assist with projects
    * Other duties as assigned

Requirements

    * Associates Degree or some college course work
    * Minimum of six months of library experience, preferably in a public services position
    * Ability to provide superior customer service to library users of all ages
    * Strong computer skills; experience with Excel, Publisher, Google Docs preferred
    * Experience with TLC CARL or other library computer software preferred
    * Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
    * Ability to operate standard office equipment such as a copy machine and fax machine
    * Ability to work cooperatively with library staff in a team environment
    * Ability to produce neat, accurate and timely work within an established timeframe
    * Excellent written and oral communication skills
    * Must be able to lift and push a minimum of 25 pounds

Hours

    * Tuesdays 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
    * Wednesdays 3 p.m. – 8 p.m.
    * Thursdays 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
    * Alternating Fridays 10:30 a.m. - 6 p.m. and Saturdays 9:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.

Salary: $11.25/hr.
Benefits: none
Reports to: Assistant Director
HOW TO APPLY: Submit a City of Romulus application and resume to the:
City of Romulus, ATTN: Human Resources Department
11111 Wayne Road
Romulus, MI 48174
The application is available on the City’s website: www.romulusgov.com
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL THE POSITION IS FILLED

--
Jessica Wilhoite
Assistant Director/Youth Services Librarian

Serving Romulus and Huron Township