[Michlib-l] Fine art program--rural abandonment

Rebecca Higgerson rhiggerson at brandonlibrary.org
Tue Mar 19 10:45:58 EDT 2019

If your community is interested in fine art photography, rural landscapes,
abandoned homes, then I would like to highly recommend photographer Jackson
Faulkner.  We hosted him here last October and had a decent turnout of 14
adults (we tried to get an article in the local newspaper, but it didn’t
come to pass).

Jackson lives in Washington state but grew up in Michigan, and he comes
home every fall to visit family.  He is interested in booking 1-2 libraries
on both the west and east sides of the state.  He’s planning either the
first or second week of October 2019.  I have included his website and a
recent interview he did, but to really get a sense of his art, check out
his Instagram account @jacksonfaulknernet  His passion is about capturing
images of rural landscapes and documenting their history for future
generations.  His captions can bring you to tears; they are so beautiful.

You can reach him at jackson at jacksonfaulkner.net

https://www.roadsidereflections.com/

https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/capturing-the/ep-1-capturing-the-abandoned-n8sIzZ2viY3/

We paid him $150 for an hour, but check with him to see if that is
negotiable.

Thanks,

*Rebecca Higgerson*

Director

Brandon Twp Public Library

304 South Street

Ortonville MI 48462

248-627-1474

*ENGAGE **•** EDUCATE **•** ENRICH **•** EMPOWER*