[Michlib-l] Tigers Stadium book and program by Doc Fletcher

Wendy Mutch wmutch at northvillelibrary.org
Tue May 21 16:00:44 EDT 2019

Fellow Librarians,
After writing 9 books about the joy of canoeing & kayaking rivers, lifelong Michigan
resident Doc Fletcher moves to dry land for his latest book: "The History of Tiger
Stadium: A Love Letter to Baseball at Michigan & Trumbull" , honoring The
Cathedral at The Corner.
Doc is an engaging speaker and draws a large audience (100% of registered attendees!) and I highly recommend him.
I've included the cover of the 375-page book, his program description, available dates and contact information. His honorarium is
$300, plus mileage if an hour or more away from his Northville home.
Wendy Mutch
Northville District Library

The History of Tiger S tadium: A Love Letter to Baseball at Michigan & Trumbull honors The
Cathedral at The Corner where - together with great-grandparents, grandparents,
parents, uncles, aunts, siblings, children, godchildren, & friends - we have cheered
our Detroit Tigers. Although the structure is gone, the memories remain...

"It was a night game, the field a shade of green that was the most beautiful color
I'd ever seen, the smells, sounds, and sights of the pre-game action delightfully
overwhelming... the air filled with the bouquet of hot dogs, spilt beer, and a cigar
aroma much like that of the House of Windsor stogies preferred by my Dad.
Cries of the vendors peddling those items pierced the air. Several Tigers were
engaged in a game of pepper along the box seats down the right field foul line,
as nearby Bill Freehan tossed a ball back 'n forth with a teammate, entertaining
the fans by playfully catching the ball behind his back."

Doc will share stories from the book of the characters on the field, in the stands,
and those in the neighborhoods surrounding the ballpark, as well as about the
broadcasters who brought the action to us when we couldn't be there ourselves.

Aug. 21 Weds
Aug. 27 Tues

Sept. 3 Tues
Sept. 7 Sat
Sept. 8 Sun
Sept. 9 Mon
Sept. 10 Tues
Sept. 11 Weds
Sept. 17 Tues
Sept. 21 Sat
Sept. 22 Sun
Sept. 23 Mon
Sept. 26 Thurs

Oct. 1-3 Tues - Thurs
Oct. 8-10 Tues - Thurs
Oct. 14-17 Mon - Thurs
Oct. 22-24 Tues - Thurs
Oct. 28-31 Mon - Thurs

Doc Fletcher
[ callto:248-797-6712 | 248-797-6712 ]
[ https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.canoeingmichiganrivers.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=fZX3IdEW0DXtM7P-9wwOTiLhWwXOj6NPlNS5xS227QM&m=4o5iatU56TIE76ZQHY276pTHAzuGNq8CjFRlgz3-Ii8&s=pmE-pn3lrDQCrcRibgrlw7eUqagZCqEAUNNDjwwK9oU&e= ] [ https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.canoeingmichiganrivers.com&d=DwQFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=fZX3IdEW0DXtM7P-9wwOTiLhWwXOj6NPlNS5xS227QM&m=4o5iatU56TIE76ZQHY276pTHAzuGNq8CjFRlgz3-Ii8&s=pmE-pn3lrDQCrcRibgrlw7eUqagZCqEAUNNDjwwK9oU&e= ] [ https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.canoeingmichiganrivers.com&d=DwQFaQ&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=fZX3IdEW0DXtM7P-9wwOTiLhWwXOj6NPlNS5xS227QM&m=ZFU07Tg-DLD7FQ5tpRvEt1fwEGr0d27ZdMuQYalMr-g&s=t-EtNLr3rOgv7TUsUBmc5c7HRQ3inzNyHZ7S5br2hmI&e= | www.canoeingmichiganrivers.com ]