[Michlib-l] Plagiarism Checker

Klaudia Janek kjanek at bloomfield.org
Wed Nov 13 10:17:48 EST 2019

  We have a school-wide subscription to turnitin.com  It's the most common
one that schools use around here.  I would check to see if your local high
school does subscribe to it before you start exploring other options.  I
don't know of any elementary schools that subscribe and there are some
middle schools.  Teachers should be working on teaching students how to
take notes, summarize and paraphrase ( that might be a good afterschool
workshop for a public library to hold)  The software is just a writing tool
and should not be used as a "gotcha".
I think it would be a great idea to host a writing workshop.  Want to learn
how to avoid plagiarism? Come to the library to learn how to cite your
sources properly, summarize and paraphrase things that you read...😀

Klaudia Janek, MLIS

*School Librarian*

*IB Extended Essay Coordinator*

*Michigan Association for Media in Education - 2019 Immediate Past
President*

*AASL **Frances Henne Award Committee Chair - 2019*

248 341 5925

https://libresbooksmi.blogspot.com/

On Tue, Nov 12, 2019 at 1:08 PM Andrus, Miriam via Michlib-l <
michlib-l at mcls.org> wrote:

> Hello Librarians –
>
>     Do any of you offer plagiarism checkers for your patrons? We are
> looking particularly for K-12 students who want a resource to check their
> work. Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>

> *Miriam Andrus*
>
> *Library Director*
>
> Grace A. Dow Memorial Library
>
> 1710 W. St. Andrews Rd.
>
> Midland, MI 48640
>
> Phone 989.837.3431
>
> Fax 989.837.3468
>

>   *Our Mission: To inspire lifelong learning by connecting people and
> resources. *

*International Academy*

www.iatoday.org <http://www.iatoday.org>