[Michlib-l] Yoga in the Library

Claire Mueller claire.mueller at westlandlibrary.org
Sat Nov 30 12:35:03 EST 2019

I have held a few Yoga storytimes as a staff member (not a certified instructor, just a modest practicioner).  It is a fun parent/child program for ages 3 & up that goes for 30 minutes on a Saturday morning.  They are story and movement based, not instructional, with a lot of songs and music.  The ones we held in the summer were well-attended, but the fall program attendance has been much lower, so I am waiting until the summer to do some more sessions.  I am wondering if attendance would pick up with a different name, like "Stretch and Sing Storytime" as opposed to "Yoga Storytime".  Thoughts from others who do Yoga storytimes?

Our library also has hosted Yoga classes led by a certified instructor for Teens and Adults.  Turnout in the summer was good, but lower in the fall.

Claire Mueller
Youth Services
Teen Volunteer Coordinator
Public Library of Westland
6123 Central City Parkway
734-326-6123
Claire.mueller at westlandlibrary.org<mailto:Claire.mueller at westlandlibrary.org>

Raising a reader is: Talking * Singing * Reading * Writing * Playing