[Michlib-l] Be a Part of Write Michigan!

Calli Crow CCrow at kdl.org
Fri Oct 4 10:11:50 EDT 2019

Good Afternoon Library Folk!

It's that time of year for fat pumpkins and falling leaves, and for scratching pens and clicking keys creatively careening toward a most fruitful end! This harvest will surely produce a bumper crop of chilling tales, touching portraits, outlandish yarns, and slices of life for the burgeoning and bountiful:

Write Michigan Short Story Contest<https://writemichigan.org/>!

I'm writing to invite YOU to be a part of a creative endeavor organized since 2013 by the partnership between Kent District Library<http://www.kdl.org/> and Schuler Books.

We're Growing!
Last year, Write Michigan was thrilled to receive over 1, 300 entries from Michiganders far and wide in the following categories: Adult, Youth, Teen, and Spanish Language.

  *   YOU can add to that growth by submitting the short story masterpiece you've been surreptitiously perfecting over the last year (or decades). See Guidelines.<https://writemichigan.org/short-story-contest/>

  *   AND you can help us whittle down the mass of submissions to the cream of the crop by volunteering to be a first-round reviewer.

Be A Volunteer Reviewer!

The increase in submissions means we NEED more Volunteer Reviewers to READ short stories!  Reviewers, through a dual-review process, help us narrow the field to the top submissions for the finalist judges. Volunteer Reviewers choose a category or categories and then read 10+ selections from each during the review period beginning December 2. You'll rate them according to the rubric provided on the Write Michigan Reviewer resource page.

To be a Volunteer Reviewer, go to KDL's VolunteerHub<https://kdl.volunteerhub.com/?format=List&filter=74135> and sign up for one or more categories. If you're new this year, you'll need to create an account to volunteer for KDL and Write Michigan.

>From there you'll need to create your online Submittable<https://kdl.submittable.com/signup> account to access the Review Platform.  (If you were with us last year, you will be able use your existing credentials.) You'll receive further instructions from KDL's webmaster at the end of November, closer to when the review process begins.

Visit Write Michigan Short Story Contest Volunteer Reviewers <https://writemichigan.org/volunteer/> for more info! Questions? Email/call me or contact Write Michigan.org<https://writemichigan.org/>.

Click the buttons below to get started!

BE A VOLUNTEER REVIEWER<https://kdl.volunteerhub.com/?format=List&filter=74135>     ENTER YOUR STORY<https://writemichigan.org/>

PS. Feel Free to Forward to Friends!

Calli Crow
Volunteer Coordinator
Kent District Library
814 West River Center Dr. NE * Comstock Park, MI 49321
Cell: 616-375-2281. * ccrow at kdl.org<mailto:ccrow at kdl.org>
KDL.VolunteerHub.com<http://www.kdl.volunteerhub.com/>

  [cid:image002.jpg at 01D57A9C.2294ED90] <http://www.kdl.org/bikekdl>