[Michlib-l] Follett Institute coming to Grand Rapids

Klaudia Janek kjanek at bloomfield.org
Thu Sep 5 15:58:59 EDT 2019

Any Follett Users Interested?

Those lucky enough to be on the west side of the state have a Follett
Institute coming to your area. It's also for anyone willing to make the
drive 😄

August 21 Follett launched the registration site for the Follett Institute
– Grand Rapids, MI that will take place October 1-3, at the Grand Rapids
Christian Schools District.

Here is the registration link: http://www.cvent.com/d/gyq4qm

*Day 1* is designed specifically for brand new librarians or librarians
that have been in the library a year or two, but never received any formal
Destiny training.

*Day 2* is all about the digital side of Destiny, Discover and Collections
and

*Day 3* is really librarian PD, we’re discussing advocacy, promotion and
makerspaces.  So many librarians are scared to take the leap of faith
required to start a makerspace so we talk about various ways to implement
one while still meeting your comfort level.  We’re really excited about day
3 and we think it’ll be great information that librarians can really use
right away to further concrete themselves as an important component of
their campus.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Camille
Sullivan.  She presented at our MAME pre-Conference 2 years ago when
Collections were first introduced and we were happy.

*Camille N. Sullivan*

Professional Development & Technical Trainer

Follett Learning Services

Follett School Solutions

[image: Follett logo]

1340 Ridgeview Dr. McHenry, IL 60050 USA

csullivan at follett.com

Klaudia Janek, MLIS

*School Librarian*

*IB Extended Essay Coordinator*

*Michigan Association for Media in Education - 2019 Immediate Past
President*

*AASL **Frances Henne Award Committee Chair - 2019*

248 341 5925

http://iamediacenter.blogspot.com

--

*International Academy*