[Michlib-l] Program Recommendation: Irene Miller

Jessica Luther jluther at alpenalibrary.org
Thu Sep 19 11:11:56 EDT 2019

The Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library hosted Holocaust
survivor, author, and educator Irene Miller last night. We had a huge
turnout to hear her speak about her experiences as a child during the
Holocaust- fleeing Poland to Russia, being sent to a Siberian work camp,
and an orphanage in Uzbekistan. She was an engaging and inspiring speaker.
You can learn more about her at her website:
http://www.irenemillerspeaker.com/home

She is based out of Bloomfield Hills, so the Library provided overnight
accommodations and reimbursed her mileage from her engagement the day
before, in addition to an honorarium. Her speaking fees are flexible.

I cannot recommend her enough to have at your library, school, or other
community organization.

--
*Jessica Luther*
Assistant Director *Alpena County George N. Fletcher Public Library* 211 N.