[Michlib-l] Mid-Michigan Digital Practitioner Session Proposals - Sept 27 Due Date

White, Shannon (MDE) WhiteS29 at michigan.gov
Mon Sep 30 08:45:01 EDT 2019

The Mid Michigan Digital Practitioners next meeting is November 1 at the Library of Michigan in Lansing. This is an opportunity to learn about a variety of topics related to digitization,  preservation, and more. See below for the full list of topics. The group is accepting proposal submissions through Friday, September 27. Registration is open and there is no fee to attend. You can find details below to register for the event.  The day also includes an open "Bring a Questions, Bring a Friend" open forum time on the agenda. We welcome attendees from all library types and all levels of expertise.

Mid Michigan Digital Practitioners Fall Meeting - November 1, 2019 - Library of Michigan, Lansing MI

PROPOSALS

The MMDP Planning Group invites you to send your proposal for our November meeting. Proposals can be for presentations (45-60 minutes), 'birds-of-a-feather' discussion topics (20-30 minutes), demonstrations (10 minutes), lightning talks (5 minutes), or a poster. This is a great opportunity to reuse a poster shared at another conference! We welcome proposals from anyone, but are particularly interested in proposals from smaller institutions and students!

As always, we welcome proposals for demos, talks, or posters on a wide range of topics, including (but not limited to):

    Collaboration

    ArchivesSpace

    Digital Preservation

    Hydra/Hyku/Samvera

    Electronic Records Management

    Storage Solutions

    Cataloging and Metadata (including cross-walks)

    Cloud Platforms

    APIs

    Personal Digital Archiving

    Accessibility

    Diversity and Inclusion

    Digital Curation Tools

    Digital Humanities

    Marketing Strategies

    Media Standards, Tools, and Formats

To submit a proposal, please complete the form with your idea: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdDkzLzu0LrIL30Ls9kgUDmERUzIwhdx4ab7v4GVK1Xs8D8BA/viewform

We will adjust our agenda to fit the submitted proposals or suggest changes to the presenters. If you have any questions, please send us an email.

---------------------------------------

PROPOSAL EVALUATION

The Planning Group will review the proposals and come up with an agenda for the MMDP meeting.

Please submit proposals before Friday, September 27 for the the MMDP Meeting on November 1, 2019.
Individuals with proposals chosen for inclusion in the Fall MMDP Meeting will be notified by the end of business on Friday, October 4.

--------------------------------------

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN. Go to the event registration form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScLhl4uA41UtdtqncHansUjsVHIbilqZNFMJCt5cYMoT7Gi6g/viewform

REGISTRATION IS FREE. Lunch and beverages will be provided.

As with all of our meetings, we will bring together a wide range of professionals and students engaged in creating and curating digital collections in Michigan and the surrounding region, including librarians, archivists, museum curators, historians, students, educators, and more. The goal of this meeting will be to provide an opportunity for regular and committed attendees of MMDP to come together with new and interested professionals and make connections.

--------------------------------------

BRING A QUESTION, BRING A FRIEND

We will be holding an open forum at which anyone can bring questions to everyone attending. This is a great opportunity to bring a colleague or a friend, especially one who has never been to an MMDP meeting before. Draw on the expertise of fellow digital practitioners across the state and walk away with some tips to help you with a digital project. Whether it is digitization, metadata, intellectual property and rights management, writing an electronic records policy, web archiving, or working with specific tools like ContentDM, ArchivesSpace, MARCedit, and others, we are here to help.

--------------------------

Details about the fall meeting will be posted at our website, https://midmichdp.wordpress.com/. Also, follow us on twitter @midmichdp.

We look forward to seeing you at the Library of Michigan this fall!

Bryan Whitledge

Archivist for University Digital Records Clarke Historical Library Central Michigan University

Shannon White
Library of Michigan
www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan<http://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan>
517.335.1507