[Michlib-l] Fw: FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: KALAMAZOO PUBLIC LIBRARY PROVIDING ONLINE RESOURCES, INFORMATION AND SERVICES DURING SOCIAL DISTANCING/ISOLATION

Farrell Howe FarrellH at kpl.gov
Tue Apr 21 15:20:10 EDT 2020

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Tuesday, April 21, 2020

CONTACT:
Farrell Howe | Marketing & Communications Manager

Kalamazoo Public Library | CEN
269-553-7879

Kalamazoo Public Library is Providing Online Resources, Information, and Services
During Social Distancing/Isolation for the Kalamazoo Community

Kalamazoo, MI, Tuesday, April 21, 2020. While all Kalamazoo Public Library locations are closed through April 30th to help slow the spread of COVID-19, KPL staff are working remotely to provide our patrons with online services, information, and resources.

  *   Covid-19 Local Information & Resources<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/covid-19-self-isolation-information-and-resources/>: This page provides regularly updated links for reliable resources for COVID-19 information, including how to explain the virus to children. It also includes information for food resources, financial support resources, mental health and domestic resources, community needs, and volunteer opportunities, resources for students, teachers, and homeschoolers and much more.

  *   At-Home Fun for Kids and Families<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/at-home-fun-for-kids-and-families/>: Looking for something to entertain your kids or some fun for the whole family? Check out these free options to escape social distancing boredom including online storytimes, eBooks, online games, virtual zoo and museum tours and much more.

  *   Ask a Librarian<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/ask-a-librarian/>: Do you have questions about your account, how to navigate our website or need recommendations for something to read, listen to, or watch? Then Ask a Librarian via online, live chat!

  *   Online KPL Card Sign-up<https://www.kpl.gov/category/patron-support/become-a-patron/sign-up/>: Need a KPL Library Card? Sign-up today to get immediate access to our digital collection.

  *   Browse our Digital Collection<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/lets-get-digital/>: KPL offers a large variety of digital options including eBooks, eAudiobooks, eVideos, eMusic,  and eMagazines. Our website, kpl.gov is our online branch and it never closes!

  *   Enjoy Free, Online Services including:
     *   Learn a New Language at home with Rocket Languages<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/learn-a-new-language/>
     *   Research your ancestry remotely with AncestryLibrary.com<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/free-remote-access-to-ancestrylibrary-com/>
     *   Enjoy 24-Hour Streaming Music with Freegal<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/enjoy-free-24-hour-streaming-music-with-freegal/>
     *   Add KPL TV to your binge-watching schedule<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/kpl-tv/>
     *   Law students and researchers can now access WestlawNext online<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/westlawnext-is-now-available-online/>

  *   Join us For Online Program including:
     *   Play Animal Crossing Online with KPL Staff<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/play-animal-crossing-online-with-kpl-staff>
     *   KPL Storytime Live<https://www.kpl.gov/about/news/kpl-storytime-live>
        *   More online programming including book clubs are being planned and will be announced soon!

We miss you Kalamazoo. Please know that our staff is thinking of you and will continue to work to serve you in any way we can. Stay safe!

####

For the Media: Kalamazoo Public Library is requesting our local media outlets to please share our resources with the Kalamazoo Community. KPL staff are available for remote interviews.