[Michlib-l] SRLC Presents - Online!

Atkin, Evette (MDE) AtkinE at michigan.gov
Mon Apr 27 11:08:08 EDT 2020

Greetings!

The Library of Michigan (LM) is excited to announce a new continuing education opportunity. LM's new webinar series, SRLC Presents brings to you select sessions from the cancelled 2020 Loleta Fyan Small & Rural Libraries Conference. The series will kick off with keynote presentations. Join us Tuesdays at 2:00 PM beginning June 23 to experience a virtual slice of the conference.

SRLC Presents: The ABC's of Library Leadership - Andrew Sanderbeck<https://libraryofmichigan.z2systems.com/np/clients/libraryofmichigan/event.jsp?event=307>
06/23/2020 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM ET
In this interactive and thought provoking program, we will discuss the ABC's of Leadership using keywords and thoughts from Andrew's Sanderbeck's book The ABC's of Positive Living and audience members will learn how library leaders can take small steps each day to lead their organizations to fulfill their mission and purpose.

SRLC Presents: From Potlucks to Planning - Cindy Fesemyer<https://libraryofmichigan.z2systems.com/np/clients/libraryofmichigan/event.jsp?event=310>
06/30/2020 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM ET
>From Potlucks to Planning: Community Engagement Success at a Small, Rural Library
Cindy Fesemyer was a newcomer to a small community when she took the job as their new Library Director. During her seven years in that position, she grew from a clueless newbie to a strong community advocate. With some training, strong partnerships, and little bit of fake-it-till-you-make-it, she and her team positioned the library as a go-to resource for the entire community. She shares her experience with community engagement efforts as an example of libraries at the center of small rural communities.

SRLC Presents: It's All About "We"! - Andrew Sanderbeck<https://libraryofmichigan.z2systems.com/np/clients/libraryofmichigan/event.jsp?event=308>
07/07/2020 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM ET
Your biggest assets are your employees and volunteers. Creating and maintaining a culture of professionalism is important to internal customer satisfaction, which includes providing services to those that use your library, and treating them as you would treat those external customers.

SRLC Presents: Binding Glue - Patrick Lloyd<https://libraryofmichigan.z2systems.com/np/clients/libraryofmichigan/event.jsp?event=311>
07/14/2020 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM ET
Binding Glue: Trauma, Resilience, and the Small Town Library
"Increasingly, the answers to our patrons' questions seem to lie outside the walls of our libraries rather than within them. As more and more folks approach our desks with questions regarding basic needs assistance and other social problems, we must begin to consider our work in ways beyond books and typical customer service. We know that libraries can change lives. In smaller communities, libraries can also save lives. This session will highlight the difficulties facing many patrons, how the public library serves to protect them, and ways our institutions can strengthen the resiliency of individuals and communities."

SRLC Presents: The Connected Library - Patrick Lloyd<https://libraryofmichigan.z2systems.com/np/clients/libraryofmichigan/event.jsp?event=317>
07/21/2020 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM ET
The Connected Library: Vetting and Partnering with Social Service Providers
Libraries tend to think that we can do it all! While we may host events from weddings to videogame tournaments and although we may answer questions on everything from research papers to restaurant recommendations, sometimes we need to know when to reach out to experts in our communities. As libraries continue moving to address more than just the informational needs of our patrons, it is important that we connect and build relationships with local professionals focused on mental health, basic needs, and other social challenges of our communities. This session will explore why it is imperative that libraries connect with social service providers in their communities, how to cultivate these connections, and tips to make sure the agencies you work with are effective, ethical partners.

SRLC Presents: Swipe Right: How to Partner Up - Cindy Fesemyer<https://libraryofmichigan.z2systems.com/np/clients/libraryofmichigan/event.jsp?event=318>
07/28/2020 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM ET
Are you ready to look for partners within the community you serve but don't know how to get started? Or maybe it's time to expand your partner repertoire? In this interactive session you'll learn to map the people and organizations in your community and walk away with a plan to make a new partnership connection.

SRLC Presents: Beds, Bugs, and Books - Sue Stejskal<https://libraryofmichigan.z2systems.com/np/clients/libraryofmichigan/event.jsp?event=320>
08/04/2020 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM ET
SRLC Presents: Beds, Bugs, and Books: the Basics of Bed Bugs (Cimex lectularius) - Sue Stejskal
By understanding the cryptic nature of the bed bug (Cimex lectularius), be able to help protect your library from the possible impact of a Cimex infestation.

SRLC Presents: Beds, Bugs, and Books - Sue Stejskal<https://libraryofmichigan.z2systems.com/np/clients/libraryofmichigan/event.jsp?event=319>
08/11/2020 02:00 PM - 03:30 PM ET
SRLC Presents: Beds, Bugs, and Books: the Basics of Bed Bugs (Cimex lectularius) - Sue Stejskal
By understanding the cryptic nature of the bed bug (Cimex lectularius), be able to help protect your library from the possible impact of a Cimex infestation.

This project is made possible by grant funds from the U.S. Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) administered by the State of Michigan through the Library of Michigan.

Evette M. Atkin
Continuing Education Consultant
Library of Michigan
atkine at michigan.gov<mailto:atkine at michigan.gov>