[Michlib-l] WORKSHOPS: Using PastPerfect, May 1 — Marketing & Newsletters, May 8

Larry J Wagenaar wagenaar at hsmichigan.org
Mon Apr 27 12:35:46 EDT 2020

 <https://mailchi.mp/bc4c37fd2def/workshops-using-pastperfect-may-1-marketing-newsletters-may-8?e=26a3cdaf82> View this email in your browser

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=57aa0f4953&e=26a3cdaf82> Historical Society of Michigan

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=1e9395feda&e=26a3cdaf82> History Skills Workshops

Due to current circumstances of COVID-19 and social distancing, we are offering our April and May workshops as REMOTE ACCESS ONLY. You can enjoy the content from the comfort and safety of your home.

We have also added several special workshops for your entertainment and education while you are staying at home.

Connecting is easy! Instructions for remote access will be e-mailed to participants in advance.

Remote Access Only
 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=87d3860b69&e=26a3cdaf82> Using PastPerfect: Figuring Out Your Collections Software
Friday, May 1
9 a.m. to noon
with Brittany Williams, Kalamazoo Valley Museum

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=dc57636aa9&e=26a3cdaf82> Using PastPerfect

PastPerfect has become a popular collections management software for museums of all sizes, but it is easy to find yourself overwhelmed by its complexities. A longtime PastPerfect user will help demystify the database and show you how to get the most out of the system. Recommended for PastPerfect 5.0 users.

Remote Access Only
 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=51b1c83d0f&e=26a3cdaf82> Getting Seen and Being Heard: Newsletters & Marketing for Small History Organizations
Friday, May 8
9 a.m. to noon
with Nancy Feldbush, Historical Society of Michigan

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=aec975b155&e=26a3cdaf82> Marketing for Small History Organizations

Nowadays, you need to be a Jack-(or Jill)-of-all-trades to communicate with visitors, members, and the general public. It can be daunting, especially if you haven’t had much practice working in that area. This workshop will offer suggestions for sprucing up your newsletter and marketing efforts so your messages can get seen and be heard.

*	If you are a member of HSM or represent a member organization, registration is $39. Nonmember registration is $79 and includes a one-year HSM Household Membership.
*	Any handouts from the presenter will be sent to remote attendees after the workshop.

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=109a4609ce&e=26a3cdaf82> Member Registration

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=3b5ab55eb6&e=26a3cdaf82> Nonmember Registration

Registration is required so that instructions for remote access can be e-mailed to participants beforehand.

If you can watch and listen to a video on YouTube or Facebook, you have all the technology you need to join us remotely.

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=7afbfbb869&e=26a3cdaf82> Learn more on our website or by calling (800) 692-1828

  <https://gallery.mailchimp.com/048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410/images/617b4db5-1cf2-4135-a314-1c3119cdaff0.jpg>

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=71819da380&e=26a3cdaf82> Facebook

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=22dceb4e56&e=26a3cdaf82> Instagram

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=a6ae3aeab7&e=26a3cdaf82> Website

 <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=c40ae20055&e=26a3cdaf82> Twitter

The Historical Society of Michigan is our state’s oldest cultural organization, founded in 1828 by territorial governor Lewis Cass and explorer Henry Schoolcraft. A nongovernmental nonprofit, the Society focuses on publications, conferences, education, awards and recognition programming, and support for local history organizations to preserve and promote Michigan’s rich history.

For more information on the Historical Society of Michigan, please visit  <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/click?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=6c410efe3e&e=26a3cdaf82> hsmichigan.org, e-mail  <mailto:hsm at hsmichigan.org> hsm at hsmichigan.org, or call (800) 692-1828.

  <https://hsmichigan.us7.list-manage.com/track/open.php?u=048a03b3def81cde3e3a46410&id=ea05eab209&e=26a3cdaf82>