[Michlib-l] Traverse Area Distict Library School Library Card Program

Michele Howard mhoward at tadl.org
Tue Apr 28 17:18:34 EDT 2020

Following in the footsteps of the Kalamazoo Public Library OneCard Program,
TADL is proud to share the good news announcing a partnership with Traverse
City Area Public Schools (TCAPS) to provide library cards to 10,000
students!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
April 28, 2020
TCAPS and TADL Launch Library Card Program

*Every student to receive access to the library system’s resources*

*TRAVERSE CITY –* TCAPS is pleased to announce a partnership with the Traverse
Area District Library
<https://www.facebook.com/TraverseAreaDistrictLibrary/?__tn__=KH-R&eid=ARCZjzslFCMD5iMlgq5W9OEyJQnM0N46rTo9FuImwTQEMi5q9eLD1icqn033n0QmmGZRxz3hvPchR__I&fref=mentions&__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARA_Ohr95ax6iZwZ5Er-xQP7bUxpQMsT6EDc2d2FCYtbBBOCTYcKJ6LA7ilJYAGs-QkmTXofYVwGESeCRCfZe6fNGO8S-Jhxu99R1etsu7SoAJE97X0LsQF2v-jb1XYD72RAmd_vPVesYIcP6n1nnZg4aql5tSElvxIEA1BJGxvc5l3mWh8RVxULb1tz3h2L32y33HoOnOzRB4M5MJTIDRUIaK-F8C2xc7I11furH1lYrz7ExKWK_DPPytVLN3vzFvqe1AfBpMxW0oloSfQvVPzQ3plLg6GQd-DRO7u_sr-LPCBzNQxnPBLYXRUwjC_HBFK9hWQ5u5x_cKJCl26L8jFUcMQ4iZRZpUdTDXsdluUlEzCeOiVEl-16U2cHGXVZ2-jaLlDX0XmGE4N0_OfKpHba-JneiRgJjDczKKDxFzXB4aplk-n8ZSy4IE2tjwP5_or9RPxPjcv2JURrMKzgzMe148jWxeG6lCk2lEs>
 (TADL) to launch a program that will provide library card access to each
of the district’s nearly 10,000 students!

“We are pleased to be able to team up with our local library system to
provide additional opportunities for our students to learn, read and grow,”
said Jim Pavelka, interim superintendent of Traverse City Area Public
Schools. “Libraries help unlock the imaginations of young learners and
lifelong learners alike. We are excited for our students and families to
gain access to the library’s wealth of resources through this partnership,
from online research databases to foreign language lessons to bedtime
storybooks.”

“Developing a relationship with your local library in childhood is key to
becoming a lifelong reader and learner. Plus the library isn't just books
anymore,” said Michele P. Howard, director of the Traverse Area District
Library. “We have research databases, games, musical instruments, 3D
printers and more to support TCAPS students' academic success. With aligned
missions, TADL is delighted to be providing resources to TCAPS students and
their families.”

The goal of the program is to increase the number of students with library
card access and to reduce barriers to accessing reading materials and
learning resources. Under the partnership, the Traverse Area District
Library will automatically provide a library card to every TCAPS student
from pre-kindergarten through 12th grade.

In order to facilitate and formalize the collaboration, a Memorandum of
Understanding (MOU) was developed between the partner organizations. Since
the time the MOU was originally drafted, the COVID-19 pandemic has
temporarily closed both schools and libraries. Therefore, the program’s
rollout has been modified to a virtual format and will offer access to the
library’s online catalogue, including online books, research databases,
videos, and more. In addition, families will receive the benefit of
receiving a one-time removal of late fines and fees for student card
holders.

Parents will receive information via email regarding how to access their
child’s virtual library card and how to begin to explore TADL’s online
resources and catalogue.

To learn more about TADL’s resources, visit: www.tadl.org.
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.tadl.org%2F%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR0C4FswRsRUSLFEmdhn2xlpoMZD8Qgk-GIUVh2LNGEznjFpuNREesLul7Q&h=AT0ut3ItXdbJyyLDDW-aEbLbzV5L42sLJBGmXnS4nJJZFdxPXAmogXC7RmlRww1XlDo0m1So64flDJvhqehxZf33QKA_h77lFCRlHjzrH-zajRht9ctumtZM__i0-DwzNS8fsO3kkrg_Q1ITS_vA73E19xQEDzX7rVVdjNtGwdAPt2zDp5X34F5ucMm5NEgp0HvHyCv6hS91C2PUmEJtF_R-H0K4U-37TF7B6gLc40Ug-vD9-QYB6X8KrxBWp_U6HNTmOXqoY-MqBPIdV7O1JvpiMzbXsD-W9owx5AZ7Rg5PnzPOWRPTr3MrZvE658KqVAlhaNwOy1OuMGSFT2rxqsYHEWXq3AC3anLdobtNiG1pywwYsgNMdeAUCZ7RN0ddc_yyBkON5WOjNRDZ1raGPGEkxRCYD16L8rn959gx42opr3vy-Rbd0ROj9KftHfHG5jryJv_wHXs2WENDCQskoKwyJcF_rahTf71Kr4NJ6RXhIxyrDf2o9sBG5TU8UBEpLBjrFErktwtg0255_Cz-ENKcqZKCbH0b367DCP8JZXXuXLlXVLFDiLXme8ryP09CtkKNJXvPU2HnKNgj3Sc0QH86uUAqEcvb_IuVRKe9z9qWfHgXRhdQrtNafrLK0eslk6-0R12TslHCqS67-iPn_K9msSRPOXUQej1RYtkq4KEmgwu87tT6aXkbecEyZXYDTMWNRN37l1zyuU4sDUOdjUUAKnUBqzQNQh3AlUd9kSxkeWzp_YvbAqMdwa3iP7yMe8uy-ss0f-6DHQwjy3XfdSX6onYabdubpIm8JfqomN1ZneWHtIf6Dy3_jPmy92d5_gv6>

####

--
Michele P. Howard
Library Director

You Count on us.  Can we count on you?  ~Fill out your Census!
*Census data are used to determine the allocation of more than $800 billion
dollars annually in federal funding for social services, schools,
infrastructure, and many more vital services.*