[Michlib-l] starting this week: Michigan Humanities' new online conversation series

Katie Wittenauer kwittenauer at mihumanities.org
Tue Aug 11 08:56:36 EDT 2020

Greetings from Michigan Humanities!

Last week, our August e-news<https://myemail.constantcontact.com/Michigan-Humanities-August-2020-Enews.html?soid=1102142480965&aid=ukltak7OByo> included details about the new Bridging Michigan programming and grant opportunities that we are excited to kick off this Thursday, 8/13.

On the Bridging Michigan page of our website<https://www.michiganhumanities.org/bridging-michigan/>, you'll find details about our first two online events and links to registration, as well as a save the date for the new grant that will open next Monday, August 17. As you'll see noted on the website, Bridging Michigan is an event series and funding opportunity that will spark in-depth conversation and action around the persistent social, economic, and cultural issues of systemic inequities. Through Bridging Michigan conversations and funding to organizations, we will be working with partners to engage in these critical areas of conversation, and focus on the history of these inequities and how the arts and humanities are active parts of creating change.

This Thursday's event will feature Dr. Mona Hanna-Attisha and Stephen Henderson in conversation about the impacts of systemic inequities on health and education (register here<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_VVtw0bG5TmGY42AGU_9Icw>).

On September 3, Matthew L.M. Fletcher will be in conversation with Eric Hemenway on the topic of the history and current state of Native mascots (register here<https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_ugnfZNJfSACL63C2EjMcMQ>).

We hope that you will consider joining us for these upcoming events, and be on the lookout for additional event dates and the grant opportunity details on 8/17! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best,
Katie

Katie Wittenauer
Director of Programs