[Michlib-l] Virtual trainings for Michigan library staff on leading effective meetings and conversations!

Jan Davidson davidsonj at mcls.org
Tue Aug 11 10:06:47 EDT 2020

Trainings for Michigan library staff on facilitating effective meetings and conversations

Do you lead meetings at your library? Do you ever need to facilitate conversations between staff or patrons, and wish you had more training in how to do so effectively? Ever feel ill equipped to handle situations of conflict in a meeting or guide groups to agreement?

MCLS will again be offering, in partnership with the Library of Michigan, training presented by We Can Work It Out, LLC<http://www.wecanworkitoutllc.com/> on essential skills for library staff to facilitate effective conversations and meetings. These skills can be used in a variety of settings including staff and work meetings, strategic planning sessions, one-on-one interactions with library patrons, library-sponsored Community Conversations, and focus groups. These workshops, to be held this year online (for your safety and convenience) in September and October, will include learning theory, as well as practice of skills and peer feedback. They will still be very interactive, and we are excited to add a module on facilitating meetings virtually!

Because they are funded by the Library of Michigan, these trainings are only open to staff of Michigan libraries.

Registration is now open for these small, interactive workshops and we expect them to fill fast, so find out more and claim your spot<https://www.mcls.org/training-events/events/facilitation-training-2020/> today!

This project is made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services<https://www.imls.gov/>, with additional funding provided by the State of Michigan<https://www.michigan.gov/libraryofmichigan/>.
Jan Davidson
Project Manager
Engagement, Consulting, and Training
Midwest Collaborative for Library Services (MCLS)
517-492-3811 / toll-free 800-530-9019 x111
davidsonj at mcls.org<mailto:davidsonj at mcls.org>