[Michlib-l] Outdoor WiFi at Your Library

Bruce MacDonald bmacdona at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 11:03:04 EDT 2020

These questions are for those libraries using their CARES Act grant money
(or other funding if the project was recent) to provide wifi coverage to
outdoor portions of library property, like a parking lot.

What equipment are you using in your project?

Is the outdoor installation work being hired out, or being done in-house?

Any other pitfalls or tips you would like to share?

We have a temporary solution in place with additional access points placed
in windows, but I'm looking for a much more robust solution, such as this
Cisco model
<https://www.provantage.com/cisco-systems-air-ap1562i-b-k9~7CSC8CWC.htm>.

Thank you,
Bruce MacDonald