[Michlib-l] Outdoor WiFi at Your Library

Bruce MacDonald bmacdona at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 14:46:07 EDT 2020

Sharing back.

Three unanimous responses thus far, Cisco Meraki MR86 access points, with
an add-on antenna package. From what several people have told me, there are
a number of antenna options. Which antenna / access point model / and how
many access points you need for your application can be determined by
coordinating with the Meraki account manager. His name is Greg Manter:
gmanter at cisco.com, 925-783-6474. He may be able to send a test device prior
to purchase.

TLN offers a discount purchase program through vendor CDWG. There is an
ongoing license fee to manage Meraki devices, but we can at least pay for
the first year with CARES money. If I go with these, I'll probably get
outside help with installation, because in our case I may need to penetrate
the envelope of the building.

Hat tip to Angie Michelini (The Library Network), Garrett Schmidt (Public
Libraries of Saginaw), and Rebecca Higgerson (Brandon Twp. Public Library).

Bruce MacDonald
Peter White Public Library
Marquette, MI