[Michlib-l] Patron not returning items question

Justine Peterson sevilletownshiplibrary at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 12:35:10 EST 2020

Good Friday Afternoon, all!

I have a quick question about patrons who don't return items. I've changed
how we do overdues here at Seville Township Library, opting for emailing
and phone calls as opposed to letters, in an effort to reduce paper usage.
For the most part, it's been effective. Since taking the director role
here, there's been a big reduction of overdue items--and we've gotten a lot
of super overdue materials back!

However, there are a few patrons who keep giving me excuses, or just ignore
my attempts to contact them. In particular, one patron has outstanding
fines for some DVDs and has juveniles under his account who have
long-overdue materials. I have tried to call, email, and send letters, but
to no avail. Is there anything I can do to get my books back, or should I
throw in the towel and order new ones?

Thanks!

*Justine Peterson*
Library Director