[Michlib-l] Patron not returning items question

Justine Peterson sevilletownshiplibrary at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 11:45:14 EST 2020

Hello all!

Thank you so much for the responses!

We don't have fines for books here, and I've assured the patrons I've
called that it's not an issue... but that only works if they answer my
calls, haha!

While I think a collection agency might be something to look into, I'm
pretty close to cutting my losses and just ordering new books. The accounts
have been blocked in regards to the patron who seems to be my biggest
problem.
Some people did suggest asking a police officer to pay them a quick visit,
but I do not think they would take too kindly to that.

I do know one thing for sure! I am so sorry to the library I went to as a
teenager for ever putting them through any late book fiascos lol!

Thanks!

*Justine Peterson*
Library Director
Seville Twp Library