[Michlib-l] Library Building Designers Summary of responses 2020

Melissa Huisman mhuisman at hudsonville.org
Mon Dec 21 16:23:08 EST 2020

Hi!  Thanks for all the information about library building designers!  It will be very helpful!  It's pasted in below and attached.  Again, thank you!

Library Design
Michlilb-l 2020 Summary

Hi!  Can anyone recommend a Library Building Designing Firm that they have recently used?  20 years ago we used Library Design, but I'm sure there are plenty more.
Thank you!  Melissa/Gary Byker Memorial Library of Hudsonville

Hi Melissa,
Did you check the https://nrr.ninja/<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fnrr.ninja%2f&c=E,1,Fl20_taEV9NgFQ25i9TZIyJe9C2WUUWBqQqq7udymtT1sULbiLopMrmCsWn6R74VEIQYOsKYVNso8QSwvXVxjBezA9VDGdV4SK1wI2Q3YK4,&typo=1> website?  I'm not sure exactly what you need, but there are a number of categories you might want to search.  It also has the contact information for the one who recommended the company so you can follow up with them for more detail.

Good luck!
 Rebecca Higgerson
Director
Brandon Twp Public Library
304 South Street
Ortonville MI 48462
248-627-1474
ENGAGE * EDUCATE * ENRICH * EMPOWER

No Reservation Recommendations: your source for colleague-approved vendors!
https://nrr.ninja/<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fnrr.ninja%2f&c=E,1,UqE4n-gXhno72wufXEAfcuxf7S1WuU107aMBhKunDLqICLjHoDoI8djwQIYTE1tEplOrRRZR97ARcqoGLaFJaywh_KZ_hxXpRwO0Ta_WBr0U&typo=1>

[cid:image001.png at 01D6D7B5.87647B10]

I have used Library Furniture Int.  and was very happy with their service and knowledge.  Scott: scott at libraryfurniture-intl.com<mailto:scott at libraryfurniture-intl.com>
Cell:  847-609-7858 , Phone:  847-564-9497

Mary Hill

Hi Melissa,
We are at the beginning stages of a expansion and remodel of our library and we are using HopkinsBurns Design Studio who are partnering with Daniels and Zermack Architects for our project (both out of Ann Arbor). They have been great to work with even though we have suffered serious delays due to COVID, but I guess that is true for everybody trying to do projects like this

Mark Morton
Director
Leland Township Public Library
203 E Cedar St Leland, MI 49654
231-256-9152
[cid:image002.jpg at 01D6D7B5.87647B10]

Hi Melissa,
We are currently working with Quinn Evans. Our contact there is Ann Dilcher. Her email is akdilcher at quinnevans.com<mailto:akdilcher at quinnevans.com> if you want to get in touch.
Take care and good luck!
Jessica

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D6D7B5.87647B10]JESSICA KEYSER
DIRECTOR
313.640.4775 ext. 1200

Expand learning, inspire creativity
and connect our community
grossepointelibrary.org<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=https%3a%2f%2fgrossepointelibrary.org&c=E,1,BmsSQPSCTP15WtEl9ReWZOeSfMB17Z5CZT2XWqvmWatyy9Se91gdU0Oxh30F867uTEP9Z4RTgPlLIPIeCwyr2mPavLt6j2a_Abj4VkeDim7I_BTxDyJmK-2K6zvy&typo=1>

Hi Melissa -

JDL has been very pleased with krM - their lead in Detroit is Kyle Keaffaber (kkeaffaber at krmarchitecture.com<mailto:kkeaffaber at krmarchitecture.com>) - I'm sure that he'd be happy to hear from you if you wanted to reach out.

Jason E Shoup
Assistant Director
Jackson District Library
244 W. Michigan Ave.
Jackson, MI  49201
O: 517-905-1309
C: 505-934-6961
shoupj at myjdl.com<mailto:shoupj at myjdl.com>

[cid:image005.png at 01D6D7B5.87647B10]

I love Library Design! We have tried someone else, but I prefer them.

Anne E. Oyerly
Special Collections Manager and Facilities Coordinator
James White Library
4190 Administration Drive
Andrews University, MI 49104-1400
(269) 471-6117

Hi Melissa, we used architects, Merritt, Cieslak, 33610 Grand River Ave, Farmington, MI 48335. They designed our original building in 1996 and addition two years ago.

Ron Cieslak is who I mostly worked with. They also are great community supporters.

Stay safe & healthy,
Donna

Donna Olson, Director

Salem-South Lyon District Library

9800 Pontiac Trail, South Lyon, MI 48178

Phone: (248) 437-6431 ext. 206 | Fax: (248) 437-6593

http://www.ssldl.info<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.ssldl.info&c=E,1,CfzWLEBwEwua1pQLsIuOTMxKYhYHmvQtMxg7ymsn_JIDLxifCkN801YgZSCnezmElC4X2-DIhZWy0MbMlIIbXW7tQlxRLyE_DR-cg-lSBqqcr4N8Q3ZRyg,,&typo=1> | https://www.facebook.com/SSLDL

https://www.instagram.com/ssldl | https://twitter.com/ssldl

https://www.linkedin.com/in/olsondonna/

[America's STAR Libraries 2018]
Melissa,

Formerly at the Allegan District Library for our addition and renovation we worked with Quinn Evans Architects out of Ann Arbor and their interior designer. They did a great job overall and they actually brought Library Design in for pieces due to Library Design's exclusive contracts and library knowledge.

Ryan Deery
Director
Charlevoix Public Library
231-547-2651
[cid:image007.png at 01D6D7B5.87647B10]

HI Melissa,
    I used Library design when I was the Director in Big Rapids in 2014. I am using them again for our flood damage repair now. They are great! Also, for our type of shelving they are the only distributer in Michigan.
-Miriam
[cid:image008.jpg at 01D6D7B5.87647B10]
Miriam Andrus
Director, Grace A. Dow Memorial Library
1710 W. St. Andrews Road, Midland, MI 48640
989.837.3431 direct |
www.gadml.org<https://linkprotect.cudasvc.com/url?a=http%3a%2f%2fwww.gadml.org%2f&c=E,1,hMT3K4pS1GQ80Sl1P0sbOgr3xy27f5jBXR4ZqjZh1H6unEfyRfncKYUcULRnAftmiAMZJ4RESKfYxv15safiWc8XxxIY-7aVyFmjhgTN&typo=1>

[cid:image009.png at 01D6D7B5.87647B10]<http://www.facebook.com/gracedowlibrary>[cid:image010.png at 01D6D7B5.87647B10]<http://www.twitter.com/cityofmidlandmi>[cid:image011.png at 01D6D7B5.87647B10]<http://www.instagram.com/gracedowlibrary>[cid:image012.png at 01D6D7B5.87647B10]<http://www.youtube.com/citymidland>