[Michlib-l] Search form for Access database

Mark Mullinax mmullinax at brightonlibrary.info
Wed Feb 5 14:06:35 EST 2020

We have created several databases from our local newspaper going back to
1880. They are Microsoft Access files covering local obituaries, marriages,
births and other items. Each database contains up to nine separate columns
including the person’s name, spouse, father, mother, newspaper date and so
on. We would like to have search forms which could be placed on our website
that would allow patrons to search the indexes. Ideally, these search forms
would be capable of searching a single column or several of the columns of
data at once. In addition, since these projects are ongoing, we would need
to update each database periodically. Does anyone have experience with
this? How did you create the search form? Did you use a vendor? If your
library has something similar that doesn’t use Microsoft Access, what do
you use? Thanks.

Mark Mullinax
Genealogy and Local History Librarian
Brighton District Library