[Michlib-l] FW: Search form for Access database

pkbuy dummy acct pk-buy at comcast.net
Thu Feb 6 12:08:20 EST 2020

Hello Mark,

I am heading a volunteer team for an indexing project between Ella Sharp Museum, Jackson District Library and The Jackson County Genealogical Society. We are indexing Michigan deaths/obits/funeral information found in our local papers starting in 1847-2019.  We are using an excel format.

Our team has briefly discussed what you are asking about, a search engine.

Toledo Lucas County Public Library has a search engine for their obituaries, but I am not sure what 'drives' it.  I have used it, and it works well.  Check it out at toledolibrary.org.

If you decide to pursue a benchmarking trip to Toledo, please keep us in mind, I am very interested in how this would work.

Pam Fugere