[Michlib-l] Event Calendar/Room Reservation Software

Angela M Brcka angela.brcka at wmich.edu
Thu Feb 6 15:55:53 EST 2020

Hi Keegan,

At Western Michigan University, we use LibCal within Springshare's LibApps platform for both event calendaring and room reservations as well as for managing hours for our locations. On the pro side, LibCal is easy to learn and easy to use. I have also been impressed with Springshare's responsiveness to questions and the speed at which they resolve issues. Springshare regularly updates their platform and has a feature tracking system that they use to keep track of customer input.

On the con side, although LibCal is good at managing simple events, it is not robust enough to handle complex events like conferences with breakout sessions. I also find the mobile interface for parts of LibCal to be cumbersome.

If you have any more questions about our experience with LibCal, do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Angela Brcka
Web Developer/Content Strategist
University Libraries
Western Michigan University