[Michlib-l] REMINDER: MiALA Conference Scholarship Applications due Feb 14th!

heather at miala.org heather at miala.org
Mon Feb 10 12:23:18 EST 2020

Forwarded on behalf of the MiALA Conference Planning Committee. Excuse
posting to multiple lists. Please share with anyone who may benefit from
receiving this information!

************************************

Have you been thinking about applying for the MiALA Conference Scholarship
application but just haven't done it yet? Maybe you've forgotten about the
scholarship completely. No worries: there's still time to apply!

The MiALA Annual Conference Registration Grant has been developed to support
a current MiALA member's attendance at the Annual Conference.  We will be
awarding up to 7 MiALA Annual Conference grants.  The Annual Conference
grant will cover full registration, up to two night's expense (room rate and
tax only) at a hotel at which the conference has a room block reserved, and
a $50 travel allowance. Awardee and/or awardee's institution will be
expected to cover any remaining conference or travel costs.

All current individual/student/retiree members of MiALA (with 19-20
membership dues paid) are eligible to apply for the annual conference
registration grant. Applications will be due February 14, 2020 to allow
amount to be awarded before the early bird registration deadline

To apply, please fill out the form at the following website:
<https://www.memberleap.com/members/form.php?orgcode=MALA&fid=2094187>
https://www.memberleap.com/members/form.php?orgcode=MALA&fid=2094187

Want more details? Check out the following page:

 <https://miala.org/ac_scholarship_information.php>
https://miala.org/ac_scholarship_information.php

Wondering if this conference is right for you? Read a testimony from a past
recipient:

As a 2019 scholarship recipient for MiALA's Annual Conference, I cannot say
enough about what a great experience I had attending this wonderful event.
As a library support staff member at a community college with a limited
budget, I would not have been able to attend the conference without the
assistance provided. The knowledge I gained from the keynote speaker,
various breakout sessions, and one-on-one conversations with fellow
attendees is invaluable. I feel very proud to be part of such a generous and
forward-thinking organization.

I strongly encourage anyone wanting to attend MiALA's Annual Conference to
apply for one of the several scholarships available. You have nothing to
lose and if selected as a recipient, the rewards are limitless.

Beth Lieberman, 2019 MiALA Scholarship Recipient

North Central Michigan College

Elizabeth Walker

Librarian, Online and Distance Learning

Associate Professor of Library Science

Supervisor, The Workroom

Spring Arbor University

106 E. Main Street

Spring Arbor, MI 49283

o 517.750.6443 | f 517.750.6960

arbor.edu

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I
will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right
hand." Isaiah 41:10 NIV