[Michlib-l] NEXT TUES: Webinar on web accessibility ... and, on 3/10, design thinking

Kristin Fontichiaro font at umich.edu
Mon Feb 10 19:47:47 EST 2020

We’ve been archiving our UMSI/Library of Michigan webinar series on
this  YouTube
channel <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZ1x7iXrtVjTMXiubHUGp7Q> and
this archived
webinars page <https://webinars.sites.uofmhosting.net/archived-webinars/>. So
if you’d like to check out what previous presenters have said about STEM,
digital privacy, social workers in libraries, or digital surveillance and
youth, we hope you’ll check them out.

In addition, please join us for these free upcoming webinars as well
(registration
here
<https://www.eventbrite.com/o/university-of-michigan-school-of-information-and-the-library-of-michigan-26412644287>
):

WEB ACCESSIBILITY WITH COLLEEN VAN LENT
TUES 2/18 4PM EASTERN
Next week, we're delighted to welcome Colleen Van Lent to talk about the
nuts and bolts of having accessible web content for your library. As our
nation ages, accessibility isn't just for those with vision or hearing
impairments -- more people than ever are eager for Web content that they
can have read aloud or otherwise made easier for them. Colleen is a
favorite instructor at the U-M School of Information and has tens of
thousands of students via her Coursera Web Design for Everybody workshops.
She is also the author or co-author of books for youth on web design and
the new Scratch 3.0 <https://cherrylakepublishing.com/contributors/1195>.

DESIGN THINKING WITH MEGA SUBRAMAMIAN
TUES 3/10 4PM EASTERN
Mega Subramamian of the University of Maryland iSchool has her finger on
the pulse of library innovation and knows how to make theory accessible.
She'll be talking about design thinking, a series of activities and
thinking strategies that you can apply in your library makerspace work or
in solving real-world challenges in your library.

We’re grateful to the Library of Michigan and the Institute of Museum and
Library Services for making this series possible.

Hope to see you there. If you’re interested but cannot make the live
presentation, we will send a link to the archived session to all
registrants.

Kristin Fontichiaro

--
Kristin Fontichiaro