[Michlib-l] Determining Residency and Millages for Public Library Cards

AW Rachel Koehne wayrk at llcoop.org
Fri Feb 14 13:12:06 EST 2020

[ https://censusreporter.org/ | https://censusreporter.org/ ] is very easy to use and gives information in a similar way as AFF.

Rachel Koehne
Circulation Supervisor
Henika District Library
149 S Main St
Wayland, MI 49348
269.792.2891

From: "Adrianne Schinkai" <amschinkai at gmail.com>
To: "michlib-l" <michlib-l at mail2.mcls.org>
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2020 1:06:54 PM
Subject: [Michlib-l] Determining Residency and Millages for Public Library Cards

Hello everyone,

In the past, my library has used [ https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml | American Factfinder ] to help determine where millages are paid and how classifications for residency are determined for our library cards. We were basically able to punch in an applying [ https://factfinder.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/searchresults.xhtml?refresh=t | patron’s address into the system ] and based on the Economic Place results, we were able to easily determine the classification.

However, American Factfinder is going offline on March 31 st and we are having some issues with navigating the Census Data website thus far. As I am waiting to hear a reply from the Census Data website of whether this feature will be part of the migration or going obsolete, we are exploring other options, such as working with Google Maps. Nothing is showing the ease of access we are hoping for thus far.

Would anyone mind sharing their foolproof go to for determining residency and where mileages are paid?

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.
--
Adrianne M. Schinkai

    * Head of Reference and Circulation Services
    * Vicksburg District Library, Vicksburg, MI
    * [ mailto:aschinkai at vicksburglibrary.org | Work Email ]
    * [ mailto:amschinkai at gmail.com | Personal Email ]
    * [ https://www.linkedin.com/in/amschinkai/ | LinkedIn Account ]