[Michlib-l] Program recommendation

Katie Rothley krothley at lyon.lib.mi.us
Mon Feb 17 09:46:56 EST 2020

Dear Michlib,

We recently hosted Callie Corsa at our library for a class on beginning calligraphy, more specifically brush pen calligraphy. She has been doing calligraphy for over 5 years and has her own business ( I cannot remember how I found her!). She brought all of the supplies, including handouts, and our attendees really enjoyed the class- they asked for more! Callie covered the beginning brush strokes that make up lower-case letters and we did a lot of practice on the paper pads she handed out. We ran out of time to do what I originally asked Callie to do, which was teach calligraphy for creating Valentine's day cards. But everyone was very satisfied with just the beginning portion of it and didn't mind that we didn't get to the cards. Next time, we may plan a series with Callie that includes: one class for the intro, another class for upper-case letters, and maybe another class for creative designs.

I did have to limit the class size to ten attendees due to budgetary reasons.

The only negative feedback we had was that we were pressed for time and Callie did rush a bit. We scheduled an hour and a half, so I'd recommend about two hours or so, with a little room for even going over that. But other than that, everyone was happy and asked for another class.

Here is her contact info if you are interested:
"Callie Corsa" <cacorsa at gmail.com>

Happy Monday!

Katie

Katie Rothley, MLIS