[Michlib-l] KidLitCon Conference March 27th -28th, 2020, Ann Arbor

Nakenya Lewis-Yarbrough nlewis-yarbrough at belleville.lib.mi.us
Mon Feb 17 17:44:50 EST 2020

Hello,

I am one of the organizers, along with Katy Kramp of a children’s book conference, KidLitCon. We would like to invite you to the 12th KidLitCon conference which will be held March 27-28 of 2020 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Our theme this year is "Seeing Clearly." Our keynote speakers will be American Indian Children’s Literature Award Honor winner Dawn Quigley ( Apple in the Middle ), author-illustrator Arree Chung ( Mixed) , and Newbery Honor winner Jasmine Warga ( Other Words for Home.) The full program is available on our website here: [ https://kidlitcon.org/2020-program/ | https://kidlitcon.org/2020-program/ ]

KidLitCon started as an informal gathering of bloggers and reviewers, and has since grown into one of the most fun and interesting children's and YA book gatherings in the country, rotating locations every time. The 2019 conference was in Providence, and it will likely be on the West Coast in 2021, so we’re excited to have it in Michigan this year. We already have the names of over 100 book folks (authors, illustrators, librarians, teachers, and reviewers) who will be joining us. It's a gathering that focuses on energetic and friendly conversations, leaving attendees inspired to go forth and get the right books into the right hands. We also aim for good representation across the board, with diverse representation, including ethnicity, gender and religion on all our panels.

This year’s event is sponsored by the Ann Arbor District Library, which is providing lunches as well as making it free to attend for everyone. Please register by February 24th to give us an accurate headcount for food and seating.

Hope to see you there!

Nakenya Lewis-Yarbrough, Belleville Area District Library

Katy Kramp, Plymouth District Library

Find us online: [ https://kidlitcon.org/ | https://kidlitcon.org/ ] ; [ https://www.facebook.com/KidLitCon/ | https://www.facebook.com/KidLitCon/ ] ; Twitter and Instagram @KidLitCon

--
Nakenya Lewis-Yarbrough