[Michlib-l] FREE - Library 2.020 Mini-Conference Tuesday, March 10th (Dr. Michael Stephens, Jeremy Morelock, and more)

Shawn Andary sandary at uproc.lib.mi.us
Tue Feb 25 16:08:35 EST 2020

***Widely Cross Posted - Please Excuse Duplication***

On Tuesday, March 10th, Library 2.0 will host a worldwide free virtual
conference titled "Wholehearted Libraries : soft skills for 21st century
information professionals" from 2-5pm CT/3-6pm ET.

>From the conference webpage, "this mini-conference will explore the human
side of 21st-Century information work. We will define what soft skills are,
how and when to use various soft skills, types of training that can improve
soft skills, and how to share emotionally engaging stories. Learn what
libraries are doing now to extend services, create welcoming spaces, and
engage users with soft skills such as compassion, empathy, creativity,
curiosity, and finding balance. Sessions will focus on how we can nurture a
positive mindset in our employees, use the power of stories to promote
understanding, and extend our reach into our global communities. Soft skills
are heart skills."

Library 2.0 worked with Dr. Michael Stephens to coordinate and plan the
event.  Dr. Stephens lives in Traverse City, and he provided a wonderful
keynote and breakout session for our UPRLC conference a couple years ago
that was both informative and insightful.  Additionally, Superiorland staff
member Jeremy Morelock will be presenting a session titled "Mindfulness in
the Public Library: a Secular Buddhist Approach" from 3-3:30 CT/4-4:30 ET!
If you would like to attend the mini-conference or watch a recording at a
later date, you can learn more from the conference web page at
https://www.library20.com/wholehearted

Shawn Andary

Director

Superiorland Library Cooperative

(906) 228-7697  ext. 2

sandary at uproc.lib.mi.us

"Bad libraries build [only] collections, good libraries build services,
great libraries build communities."

-R. David Lankes.