[Michlib-l] Register Now for July 27, 2020, Pop-Up Conference: Adult Learners - Tailoring Library Services

Platts, Barbara BPLATTS at mhc.net
Fri Feb 28 15:01:41 EST 2020

In our ongoing partnership, the Michigan Health Sciences Libraries Association (MHSLA) and the Michigan Academic Library Association (MiALA) invite you to attend our first ever joint MHSLA/MiALA Pop-Up Conference!

  *   When: Monday, July 27, 2020; 8:30AM - 3:00PM
  *   Where: Michigan State University Main Library, Green Room, 366 W. Circle Dr., East Lansing, MI 48824
  *   What: Learn how academic, academic medical, and hospital libraries around the state are tailoring library services to meet the needs of adult learners. This will be a great opportunity to meet and network with colleagues across the state before our two associations host our joint conference in 2021!

The day will feature a three-hour continuing education course on Generational Learners followed by two panel discussions.

Panel discussion topics

  *   Teaching learners at different education levels
  *   Accommodating learners through collections, services, and accessibility

Speaker details coming soon.

Registration: Continental breakfast and lunch are included with the cost of registration (parking onsite additional). Attendees have the option of joining the conference via Zoom if they are unable to attend in-person.

  *   MiALA/MHSLA Member onsite: $20

*         Non-Member onsite: $30

*         MiALA/MHSLA Member Zoom (remote conference): $10

*         Non-Member Zoom (remote conference): $20

For more information and to register, visit the conference information page: https://miala.org/adult_learners.php Registration will remain open through Monday, July 13.

Thank you on behalf of the MHSLA/MiALA Partnership Task Force! We look forward to seeing you there!

Jennifer Bowen, University of Detroit Mercy

Diane Gardner, McLaren Hospital Flint

Heather Ladiski, Midwest Collaborative for Library Services

Helen Look, University of Michigan

Barbara Platts, Munson Healthcare

Rebecca Renirie, Central Michigan University

Jessica Sender, Michigan State University

Stephanie Swanberg, Oakland University