[Michlib-l] Birding and Pet First Aid presenters

Rebecca Higgerson rhiggerson at brandonlibrary.org
Tue Jan 28 11:57:07 EST 2020

Hello everyone!

Last year we had Robyn Elman and Paul Steil from the New York City area
come to Michigan libraries (they had audiences of 50-100 and were
awesome!!!) to talk about birding as well as pet first aid (two different
programs).  Robyn just reached out to me and said they are coming back and
hoping to fill the week of May 11 with more library programs.  (We have
already booked Tuesday, May 12 @ 7 p.m.)

If you’re interested in hosting them at your library, please note they
offer two options:

Birding: “A mix of learning about birds in your area, apps and tools to
help identify birds and starting to get into birding, basic tips on
photographing birds, Instagram, and our worldwide birding travels.”

Pet first aid: (This is actually how they earn their living.)  “Intro that
includes a talk about poisons, learning how to muzzle a pet (with practice
on stuffed animals), how to create an emergency preparedness kit, and
traveling with pets in the car.”

Robyn says she has done “tons of live news locally and even on Fox and
Friends”.  Check out their IG account @acouplewithoutborders and especially
their IG stories—they are so fun and amazing! If you would like to host
them at your library, please contact Robyn Elman at
robyn at inhomepetservices.com.

Thanks,

*Rebecca Higgerson*

Director