[Michlib-l] Title Suggestions for a 3rd Grader reading @ a 9th Grade level...

Gail Nartker gnartker at sandusky.lib.mi.us
Tue Jan 28 14:01:37 EST 2020

Hi library people!

We recently had a mother stop in whose child has been one of our most
regular readers. Her daughter is in 3rd grade and was recently tested @ a
9th grade reading level. The child has abandoned reading because nothing
seems to speak to her. We are starting to put some type of a list together
for the mother / daughter to check out but we would love more suggestions
from the collective brain.

Actual titles, series, or websites with suggestions would be much
appreciated. We don't want to lose this child as a patron and lover of
reading and want to help a very good but very frustrated mother.

Gail
Gail Nartker, Director
Sandusky District Library
55 East Sanilac Road