[Michlib-l] MLA Annual Conference Goes Virtual!

Debbie Mikula dmikula at milibraries.org
Fri Jun 26 15:00:22 EDT 2020

MLA’s work group, staff and board are stepping up to move into uncharted territory! How fitting that our annual conference theme is “Charting a New Course, Together!”

After thoughtful consideration, MLA is ready to announce that the 2020 Annual Conference that was planned for Kalamazoo October 28-30, will not be held as an in-person event. Instead, we are transforming it into a first-class virtual event, with the same educational and inspirational programming that MLA members have enjoyed and taken part in for the last 129 years - keynote addresses, breakout sessions, virtual exhibits, an awards ceremony, MLA’s annual meeting and fun networking opportunities.

So many factors were taken into consideration, the most notable -- uncertainty with an ever-evolving Coronavirus. Our top priority will always be staff and attendee health and wellness.

Below is the calendar of virtual education events for fall:

Tuesday, October 27 - “Fall” Institute for Youth Services

Wednesday, October 28 - Thursday, October 29 - MLA Annual Conference

Thursday, October 29 - Michigan Library Awards

MLA is finalizing our contract for a virtual platform that will deliver content right to your computer screen and registration will be open soon. No travel involved! More library staff members can participate! Details coming soon, stay tuned.