[Michlib-l] Live streaming storytime and other digital innovation

Anne Pott apott at herrickdl.org
Fri Mar 13 09:49:11 EDT 2020

We're already working on plans to do storytime videos and possibly D&D, reading chapter books aloud for school aged kids, posting crafting instructional videos, etc.  Our Teen Librarian cites the following article regarding legality or reading books online:

https://www.slj.com/?detailStory=tackling-copyright-concerns-when-taking-storytime-online

She also said that she's read comments from large publishers stating that they don't have any intention of going after schools or libraries for such things.

Let's go forth and innovate, friends!  Stay safe!

Anne K. Pott (she/her)

Youth Services

Herrick District Library

300 S. River Ave. Holland, MI 49423

616-355-3729

www.herrickdl.org<http://www.herrickdl.org/>

Currently Listening:  The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter (The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club #1) by Theodora Goss

Currently Listening:  A Good Kind of Trouble by  Lisa Moore Ramee

Currently Listening:  Angel Mage by  Garth Nix

Currently Reading: Sanity & Tallulah: Field Trip by Molly Brooks